CorporateBusiness Services

Customer Service/Contact Us

CMS requires all Medicare contractors to have a Provider Customer Service Program (PCSP) to assist providers in understanding and complying with Medicare's operational processes, policies, and billing procedures. The primary responsibility of the PCSP is to enable providers to understand, manage, and bill the Medicare program correctly, with the goal of reducing the Medicare paid claims error rate and improper payments.

Before you call:

  • Check the CGS website; the answers to many of the most common questions are found here. Tip: narrow your search results to include only "Part A" articles.
  • FAQs and the Claims Processing Issues Log are two good resources.
  • Obtain information electronically (including duplicate copies of remittance advices, extensive beneficiary eligibility information, and even file offset requests and first-level appeals (redeterminations)) through our free web portal, myCGS. Tip: you must be an electronic submitter to register for and use this portal.

Telephone assistance:

  • Call the Interactive Voice Response unit (IVR) at 866.289.6501 to obtain information on claim status, redetermination status, beneficiary eligibility information, and information on Medicare checks.
  • Provider Contact Center (PCC): Our PCC is your best, first point of contact for information not available on the CGS website or through our web portal or IVR. For assistance from one of our knowledgeable and friendly Customer Service Representatives (CSRs), call 866.590.6703 and select one of the following options. Before reaching the CSR, the Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) system will prompt you for information in order to validate your provider and beneficiary information.
    • Option 1 to reach a Part A CSR for assistance with Part A billing, claims, eligibility and payment.
    • Option 2 to reach an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Customer Service Representative for assistance with EDI enrollment, connectivity, PC-Ace Pro32, trading partners, and myCGS.
    • Option 3 to reach the Provider Enrollment (PE) department that can assist with inquiries about enrollment applications, enrollment revalidation, or electronic funds transfer enrollment.
    • Option 4 to reach the Overpayment Recovery (OPR) department for assistance with overpayment issues or questions about Credit Balance withholding.
    • Option 9 to reach a Part A CSR for general questions. Refer to the “General or Claim Specific Questions When Calling the Provider Contact Center” article to determine if your question is considered a general question.

More help:

Two Vantage Way, Nashville, TN 37228 ©2017 CGS Administrators, LLC. All Rights Reserved