Ohio Part A Educational Events & Resources
In order to make provider education much more convenient, CGS offers several different methods of educational training, including teleconferences, online training, and on-site workshops. Each method offers providers the latest and most up-to-date Medicare information.
Please select from one of the following categories for more information.
- Calendar of Events
- The Calendar of Events provides information on all scheduled educational activities.
- CGS offers online registration for our in-person workshops.
Workshops may include classes, seminars or open medical policy meetings.
The workshop page allows you to:
- View a course calendar to locate and select the workshop you would like to attend
- View detailed course descriptions
- Download handouts and course materials before the day of the workshop
- View directions to the workshop
- Register directly online for workshops
- Webinars and Teleconferences
CGS uses WebEx to to present, share and replay training information in a more effective and user-friendly way. WebEx offers many well-designed features such as streamlined registration and the ability for registrants to view an event after it has occurred.
- Ask the Contractor Teleconferences (ACT)
These teleconferences provide an opportunity to share information, answer questions, and identify problems in a timely way. Participants learn from each other's discussions and receive useful clarifications regarding the different rules and instructions associated with coverage, coding, and payment.
Providers participate toll-free in their state-specific teleconference. Representatives from departments throughout the CGS organization (Medical Review, Provider Contact Center, Claims, Appeals, EDI, Provider Enrollment, MSP, Provider Outreach, and Education, etc.) are available to answer questions and listen to your comments.
- Online Education Center
The Online Education Center offers self-paced education modules covering a wide variety of Medicare topics.
- Medicare Learning Network
CMS's Medicare Learning Network provides Medicare suppliers and providers with several educational training resources. These resources include satellite broadcasts, class room training materials, Web-based training and free Medlearn products such as CD-ROMs, videos and more. The site also includes information about CMS upcoming events and the latest news from the Medicare front.
- Learning Materials
- Find all learning materials such as workshop handouts and other aids.