Sending Faxes to Jurisdiction B
CGS accepts faxed documentation in a number of different situations, such as when you are sending a request for a reopening, a request for a redetermination, or a response to a request for additional claim information. In order to ensure that your faxed request is processed accurately and quickly, we encourage you to follow a few basic faxing tips.
- Send each individual request as a separate fax submission. Do not combine requests or responses into a single fax. When you combine multiple requests into one fax, there is a chance that the requests will not be separated correctly, and the processing of your requests may be delayed.
- If you represent multiple business or locations, ALWAYS separate fax requests from each business/location.
- Make sure the document you are faxing is clear and legible.
- Send each request/response only one time. Sending duplicate responses may increase the processing time of your request/response.
- Include all documents needed for your request/response at one time. Do not break a single request/response into multiple faxes.
- If you are faxing a PWK document, be sure to use the PWK Fax/Mail Cover Sheet.
- Only use the PWK Fax/Mail Cover Sheet in conjunction with use of the PWK segment on a claim, not for other types of requests/responses.
- If you are faxing a response to a documentation request letter, place a copy of the documentation request letter you received before the documents you are including in your response.
- When sending a request, be sure to use the correct form/coversheet. Refer to the Forms page on our website.
- Be sure to use the correct fax number for the type of response/request you are sending. Fax numbers can be found on the appropriate form/coversheet for the type of request you are sending. If you are responding to a documentation request letter, refer to the letter for the correct fax number. Fax numbers can also be found on our Contacts page and in the DME MAC Jurisdiction B Supplier Manual, Chapter 15.
- If you are unable to reach one of our fax lines, please retry during off-peak hours (before 9:30 am Central Time), or schedule your faxes to run overnight.
You can find additional information and resources about faxing requests to CGS, as well as a wide range of other important Medicare topics, in the DME MAC Jurisdiction B Supplier Manual. If you need additional assistance, please contact our Customer Service Department at 866.590.6727.